Asus-made Google Nexus tablet has been honored with the “Tablet of the Year” and “Gadget of the Year” awards at the T3 Gadget Awards held at Old Billingsgate, London.
The T3 awards recognize and honor gadgets, software and personalities for most appealing and charming behavior over the past 12 months, and Asus was at the big in the show, vouching no lesser than 5 trophies.
The full list of winners follows below.
- Innovation Of The Year: Raspberry Pi
- Gaming Gadget Of The Year: Sony PlayStation Vita
- Gadget Accessory Of The Year: Nike Fuelband
- App Of The Year: Zeebox
- Retailer Of The Year: Amazon
- Tech Personality Of The Year Rory Cellan-Jones
- Digital Media Service Of The Year: Sky Go
- T3 Design Award: ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime
- Commuter Gadget Of The Year: Amazon Kindle 4
- TV Of The Year: Sony Bravia KDL-55HX853
- Digital Camera Of The Year: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
- Work Gadget Of The Year: Apple iPhone 4S
- Home Gadget Of The Year: Nest Smart Thermostat
- Computer Of The Year: ASUS Zenbook UX31
- Music Gadget Of The Year: Bowers & Wilkins P3
- Tablet Of The Year: Google Nexus 7 By ASUS
- Tech Brand Of The Year: ASUS
- Outstand Contribution To Tech: Lord Sugar
- Phone Of The Year: Samsung Galaxy S3
- Gadget Of The Year Google Nexus 7 By ASUS
The Nexus tablet climbed on the top of charts since its debut in July. The only deficiency in the tablet is low storage options. It lacks memory card slot and comes in 8 GB and 16 GB versions only. However, Google is believed to bump up the memory offering to 32 GB.
Reportedly, Google has accidentally shipped the un-announced 32 GB version of Nexus 7 to a lucky customer in Japan. The customer, who goes online @oppose, ordered 16 GB Nexus 7 ; and when he opened the box, he found that the tablet has instead 27.58 GB of available storage.